This is where vacation homes come into their own. Bring the family, move in make yourself at home.
Salida has many vacation home rentals. From small homes in downtown Salida to large log homes in the remote corners of our valley. There is sure to be a home rental to please you.
A nice feature with vacation homes is that they all come with full kitchens, so you can cook for yourself at home and feel like a Salida local
When booking a vacation home, make sure to check on the location, and make sure it fits your plans.
If you want a quiet remote location, Poncha Springs or Howard are good choices. If you want to enjoy downtown Salida, with great restaurants and shopping nearby, book a vacation home in town.
Salida Vacation Rentals
Star Mesa Cabin – is a delightful cabin/log home with comfy, tasteful furnishings, a great kitchen with large breakfast/entertainment bar, and open living/dining areas. It is great for a family, or peace and quiet. The mountain views are vast and amazing. Deer, elk, and turkeys frequent the neighborhood. You will love the large deck and the porch swing view of the peaks..
Mountain Goat Lodge – a newly build authentic mountain retreat, the Mountain Goat Lodge (formerly the Crossroads B and B) is located in Poncha Springs. Great views of the local mountain ranges, and an especially good view of the Angel of Shavano. You will enjoy this Rocky Mountain bed and breakfast from your first night to your last.
Spruce Ridge Guest Cabin – A bit outside of Salida, but a real treat. Located up the charming and quiet Little Cochetopa Creek, this small cabin is fully finished with everything you need for a great Colorado getaway. Private and secluded, yet easy to access on an all season road. All the amenities at a great price.
Home rentals are a great addition to a ski vacation at Monarch Ski Resort, ski all day, and relax around the fire with the family in the evening.
Vacation Rental Tips:
- Think about what you want, seclusion or convenience.
- What do you want, house, cabin, condo or hotel room.
- Book online for convenience and to make sure of availability.
- Do you want to cook meals yourself, or enjoy the local restaurants.
- Other than holiday seasons (Christmas and Spring Break) last minute booking is easy and often cheaper.
- Most lodging places in Salida have WiFi, but be sure to ask if this is important to you.
- Research you choices at Trip Advisor or Facebook to see what others are saying.
- Think carefully about travel insurance, weather can make winter travel uncertain.